This hyper-aggro deck seeks to combine fast damage murlocs with incredible card draw and efficient burn to quickly close out games. Your plan is to get on the board quickly and overwhelm your opponent before they get going.
Most of the cards here depend on murloc synergy, and that core is backed up by the draw package of Book of Specters/Aluneth. If you do get your board cleared, you have Fireball and Frostbolt to close things out.
For the latest Murloc Mage deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
- Type: Aggro
- Class: Mage
- Updated: Witchwood Expansion
Note: This guide is updated regularly. It will continue to expand and iterate as the season goes on.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the Murloc Mage decklists section here.
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remains the same.
Strategy and Tips
- Your entire goal with this deck is to end the game quickly. Get on board right away and go for the face as much as possible.
- Always pull the trigger on Book of Specters when you can. Though you may risk burning a spell, the card draw is more than worth it.
- Never be afraid of using a strong or premium murloc just to get in somr extra damage. This deck is all about priority and if you miss a window to get in a hit or two you may not get it back.
- Look to trade up. While damage is king, cementing your stake on the board should be your first option during the early turns.
- The goal here is to protect your murlocs as best you can. Putting down a few strong bodies and then clearing out other threats with spells is a great way to go.
- Do not be afraid to leverage your tempo. Many decks will fear your burn, which means attacking face can help you get priority in a race .
- Primordial Glyph can get you AOE. It is easy to assume that once you've lost the board the game is over, but you always have an out to draw or play into should you need it.
- Watch out for AOE. Only play into it if you have a Coldlight Seer ready to go or if you want to set up an Aluneth or Book of Specters play.
- Spellbreaker is your only non-burn answer for taunts. Save the 4/3 for a big wall and try to out maneuver everything else.
- There comes a time when your opponent takes care of your board. Know when that's coming and do everything you can to hoard burn or spam card draw.
- In slower games your goal is to make sure your opponent always answers you. Try each turn to add up pressure in a way where your opponent cannot get to their own game plan.
Key Card Choices
- Mana Wyrm: Not a murloc, but one of the best aggressive one drops in the game. Can kill your opponent if unanswered.
- Murloc Tidecaller: Another strong one drop that builds aggressively from turn one.
- Book of Specters: A key core card. With so many minions you'll almost always draw two or three cards for two mana.
- Primordial Glyph: Incredibly versatile card that helps you get more burn, extra draw, or even AOE. Also has synergy with Mana Wyrm.
- Murloc Tidehunter: One of the best ways to drop murlocs onto the board and refill after a clear.
- Rockpool Hunter: Incredibly solid two drop that either gets you more damage or helps you make a strong trade.
- Coldlight Seer: One of the best murlocs for a wide board. Resists AOE against slow decks and creates powerful swing turns against faster ones.
- Murloc Warleader/Gentle Megasaur: Both of these cards stack up incredible amounts of damage if not dealt with right away. Great murloc synergy and your two murloc-based finishers.
- Aluneth: Another key card that helps you draw an incredible amount of cards. Can act as a finisher to find burn and will end the game if not dealt with immediately.
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.