This combo deck that uses stall tools and efficient ramp to get to the point where you can use King Togwaggle with Twig of the World Tree to lock your opponent out of the game with either Naturalize or Azalina Soulthief.
All of the other cards are made to set up the combo through armor gain, removal, or ramp. There are many defensive plays because this deck's main goal is to stall as much as possible.
Note: There are variations where the Togwaggle packages has been merged with the Malygos Druid package. Decklists of this blended deck type can be found under Malygos Druid.
For the latest Togwaggle Druid deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
- Type: Combo
- Class: Druid
- Updated: Boomsday Project Expansion
Note: This guide is updated regularly. It will continue to expand and iterate as the season goes on.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the Togwaggle Druid decklists section here.
|Twig of the World Tree
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remains the same.
Strategy and Tips
- Always sculpt your mulligan around any ramp cards you see. Your curve will change depending on cards like an easy Wild Growth.
- Don't hold bac for fear of losing your Twig of the World Tree. Though you can hold it back, you need a lot of time to set it up.
- Though the full combo wins many games, can also play King Togwaggle with double Naturalize for fifteen damage or King Togwaggle after Naturalize to make sure your opponent mills the Ransom spell.
- If you lose Twig of the World Tree you need to hold both Naturalizes for the end game. Make sure you are out of cards before swapping decks.
- The combo should not be your priority in faster games. Rather, use your removal liberally and stay alive until you can run your opponent out of cards.
- Hide behind taunts as much as possible and work in your hero power whenever you can.
- Spreading Plague is one of the best tools for this matchup. Play it as soon as you can get three, four or more scarabs.
- Malfurion the Pestilent is a great way to get extra armor and climb out of burst range.
- You only need the King Togwaggle/Naturalize package to win slow games (burning Ransom), so don't worry if you lose Twig of the World Tree or don't have Azalina Soulthief in hand. Draw as much as you can. Don't worry about overdrawing if you have your combo pieces in hand.
- Save Naturalize if possible, but know that one can be burned to take out a big threat if needed.
- Malfurion the Pestilent is a great way to tank damage while you stall and draw.
Key Card Choices
- Naturalize: A key combo piece that can also help you stave off big midrange threats. Burns cards against combo decks as well.
- Oaken Summons: Armor and taunt in a single card. Fantastic against aggro.
- Twig of the World Tree: Needed for the full combo. Allows you to play King Togwaggle, Naturalize and Azalina Soulthief in the same turn.
- Branching Paths: Versatile card that can gain you armor or draw depending on the situation.
- Spreading Plague: The best anti-aggro card in Standard. Also helps against midrange as well.
- Azalina Soulthief: Powerful combo card that enables you to get the Ransom from your opponent right after playing King Togwaggle so you can switch decks if they use theirs.
- King Togwaggle: The key piece of the deck. Allows you to either burn your opponent out with Naturalize or drop them right into fatigue.
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.