This is an aggro tempo build that looks to use strong early threats to cement the board. From there, you want to quickly build into lethal damage through a constant string of large midgame threats.
Everything here is about trading up and pushing damage through bigger and bigger bodies. When facing control you want to leverage sticky minions, and against aggro you want to take the reins in the midgame. Sea Giant and Doomguard also act as great finishers.
For the latest Zoo Warlock deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
- Type: Midrange/Tempo
- Class: Warlock
- Updated: Witchwood Expansion
Note: This guide is updated regularly. It will continue to expand and iterate as the season goes on.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the Zoo Warlock decklists section here.
|Tar Creeper||Vicious Fledgling|
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remains the same.
Strategy and Tips
- Look for strong trades and efficient ways to get the most value out of your smaller threats. You have a lot of small bodies and you want to use them to trade up at all times.
- While you want to play the board, you also have a lot of damage. Utilize your bust and don't be afraid to lean on damage.
- Protect important threats like Vicious Fledgling by setting up a strong boards or taunts around them.
- Prioritize efficient trades and do everything in your power to cement the early board. You only want to switch to aggression around turn four or five.
- Tar Creeper and Saronite Chain Gang are both powerful ways to protect important threats and keep damage off your face during a race.
- Run out Despicable Dreadlord into a position where your opponent cannot easily clear it or where it can fully clear the board.
- Play to an early Sea Giant as much as you can.
- Hoard your burst and look for windows where you can sneak in lethal.
- Create large threats without committing too much to the board. Cards like Fungalmancer and Saronite Chain Gang are incredibly strong at baiting out AOE without playing more than one threat.
- Save your Spellbreakers for any large late game taunts that can shut down burst damage or lethal.
Key Card Choices
- Glacial Shard: A strong tech choice that acts as a good one drop as well as a strong tempo play against both aggro/midrange.
- Soulfire: Strong tempo play that can also be used for lethal.
- Prince Keleseth: Incredibly strong card that is able to win games on its own when played early.
- Vicious Fledgling: One of the best minions for a tempo deck, will win games if properly protected.
- Despicable Dreadlord: Powerful midrange card that provides a strong body against control and repeatable removal against aggro.
- Doomguard: Great finisher. The body leads to powerful trades, and the charge is an excellent source of burst.
- Sea Giant: Another strong finisher that rewards you for swarming the board and punishes faster decks from getting too greedy.
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.