This deck combines the ability to create large swarms with the fast combo damage of Savage Roar/Branching Paths to put on pressure and close out games.
You either play as midrange against slower decks or extremely aggressive in faster matchups. Switch depending on your opponent.
For the latest Token Druid deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
- Type: Midrange/Combo
- Class: Druid
- Updated: Boomsday Project Expansion
Note: This guide is updated regularly. It will continue to expand and iterate as the season goes on.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the Token Druid decklists section here.
|Power of the Wild
Soul of the Forest
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remains the same.
Strategy and Tips
- You do not need to explode onto the board. It is easy to assume you must end games quickly, but with so many swarm cards you can take your time as you test for AOE.
- Never be afraid to use Savage Roar to trade up on board or push through a large taunt.
- Violet Teacher is commonly played with spells, but don't get greedy. Just one or two should be enough to put on pressure.
- Though you want to prioritize minions, find windows for card draw. Setting up a big turn is often better than having a weak one.
- Branching Paths has a ton of versatility. Armor is great in a race, the attack boost is great for trading up/pushing damage, and the card draw is a great way to find answers.
- Branching Paths is often used for trading up, but in tight situations the armor can save you.
- Swipe is one of the best ways to punch through big boards or stop early swarms.
- Spreading Plague is your best card in this matchup. Waiting an extra turn to get even more scarabs is often right, especially if you have a buff in hand.
- Play Malfurion of the Pestilent as soon as you possibly can.
- Always test for AOE. Conserve swarm cards and run them out one at a time to see what spells your opponent might have.
- Use Wispering Woods first before running out stronger swarm cards like Violet Teacher.
- Waiting a turn or two until you can make a wide board with Soul of the Forest is a good way to set up lethal.
- As Spreading Plague won't have much use you should get value from it anytime you see an opportunity to do so.
- Malfurion the Pestilent is a great way to pour on pressure each turn.
Key Card Choices
- Lesser Jasper Spellstone: A strong tempo card that helps you pick off strong threats or taunts that stand in your way.
- Power of the Wild: Buff card that pushes for lethal, creates pressure, and generates strong trades.
- Savage Roar: Your main finisher and usual lethal. Can also be used to trade up or control the board.
- Branching Paths: Versatile card that allows lethal, health gain, and card draw. Also great for trades against on-board decks.
- Wispering Woods: Swarm card that helps you set up lethal. Strong way to test for or bait out AOE without committing too many resources.
- Violet Teacher: The best way to create a board. Often wins the game if not answered right away.
- Arcane Tyrant: Powerful midrange threat that makes your big spells a bit stronger.
- Nourish: Ramp when you need it early, powerful card draw when you're low on resources.
- Ultimate Infestation: A big swing card that either helps cement a game, puts you ahead in a tie, or brings you back when you're out of cards. Pressure, healing, and draw.
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.