The build is a minionless deck that seeks to take advantage of both To My Side! and Rhok'delar. Everything here is based around damage through Eaglehorn Bow and big plays like Lesser Emerald Spellstone.
Use your removal to fight back against aggro, and your spells/hero power to constantly pour on damage against midrange or control.
For the latest Spell Hunter deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
- Type: Midrange
- Class: Hunter
- Updated: Boomsday Project Expansion
Note: This guide is updated regularly. It will continue to expand and iterate as the season goes on.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the Spell Hunter decklists section here.
Unleash the Hounds
|Lesser Emerald Spellstone|
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remains the same.
Strategy and Tips
- See below!
- Focus on the board for the first four or five turns to make sure you cannot get overrun. Utilize your secrets to save damage and keep your opponent guessing. For instance, setting up Wandering Monster into a common Explosive Trap situation is a great way to keep your opponent off guard.
- Unleash the Hounds is great for clearing purposes, but it can serve as a lot of damage in a tight race.
- If you're not under immediate pressure, always run out Lesser Emerald Spellstone when you can.
- Do your best to take advantage of Deathtstalker Rexxar's battlecry.
- Remember that, in terms of fighting back against pressure, To My Side! Has a 66 percent chance to give you a taunt.
- Spend the early turns building up to your bigger spells and combo plays.
- Get in damage as much as you possibly can, and always try to hit your hero power when possible. Going face three times with Candleshot is often correct.
- Utilize Eaglehorn Bow for face damage and never use the last charge unless you have lethal or another bow in hand.
- Always prioritize Lesser Emerald Spellstone and take the time to get it online.
- Unless you need your hero power for damage, you should play Deathstalker Rexxar as soon as you can.
- Set up Rhok'delar by dumping your hand before your equip it.
Key Card Choices
- Candleshot: Extremely important against aggro decks and helps finish off big threats without taking unnecessary damage.
- Animal Companion: A great way to generate board presence without putting minions into your deck.
- Eaglehorn Bow: A repeatable source of damage that quickly leads to lethal in combination with your secrets. One of this deck's main win conditions.
- Wing Blast: Strong removal that gets better with your other kill spells.
- Lesser Emerald Spellstone: Empowers your secret package, builds a strong board against aggro, and perfectly curve into To My Side!.
- Deathstalker Rexxar: More AOE against aggro. Also serves as an incredible tool against control by giving you an endless number of threats.
- To My Side!: Rewards the all-spell package. A lot of value for its cost.
- Rhok'delar: Another great all-spell option that gives you a ton of damage and nearly endless gas once you're out of cards at the top of your curve.
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.