This control build uses the one-cost hero power to rapidly draw cards and turn on powerful threats like Twilight Drake and Mountain Giant. That will enable you to adapt to whatever you're up against and play the aggressor.
This build is a pure control deck that seeks to dominate the board through a mix of efficient removal and large bodies. You want to tap often and either use early removal to keep aggro off the board or your giant midrange cards to pressure control out of the game.
For the latest Even Warlock deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
- Type: Control
- Class: Warlock
- Updated: Boomsday Project Expansion
Note: This guide is updated regularly. It will continue to expand and iterate as the season goes on.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the Even Warlock decklists section here.
Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remains the same.
Strategy and Tips
- Doomsayer, while strong early, is a great card to play on an empty board in order to set up your next turn.
- If you're not under pressure you should always tap early in order to draw into good cards or set up a big threat.
- Shroom Brewer is typically used on minions, but it also serves as a good way to nab some extra health.
Your goal in this match is to simply outlast your opponent. Though your threats do a lot of work, the main goal is running your opponent out of cards. Lean on removal as much as possible.
Always set up Defile if it is in your hand. 1/2/3 is almost always enough, but don't be afraid to kill your own cards to go bigger.
Do not hold back from running out early bodies to trade and soak up damage. Sunfury Protector is great in the later turns, but that doesn't matter if you can't survive that long.
Wait a turn to trigger Hooked Reaver if you can.
Play Bloodreaver Gul'dan as soon as possible to start gaining health each turn. The hero power is more powerful than bodies.
Small bodies rarely matter here. Tap for the first four turns to get Twilight Drake and Mountain Giant going as soon as possible.
Shroom Brewer is a fantastic way to keep your larger threats out of damage-based removal range.
Run out one big threat at a time to dodge AOE and test to see what removal your opponent might have. Even a lone Dread Infernal can end the game in a hurry if unanswered.
Be patient with Bloodreaver Gul'dan. While it may seem tempting to play him asap, your main focus should be getting a range of demons to die before pulling the trigger on his ability.
Key Card Choices
- Doomsayer: A great way to stop early aggression and fantastic midrange play after AOE. Gnomeferatu: Good two drop against aggro that sometimes ruins combo or control decks by burning ey cards.
- Defile: Strong anti-aggro tool that also does a great job of keeping midrange decks off the board.
- Sunfury Protector: A defensive two drop. Great on turn two and fantastic alongside two large threats. Makes your opponent fight through your board.
- Shroom Brewer: Solid versatile heal. Gives you health when under pressure and keeps your minions off of damage.
- Twilight Drake/Mountain Giant: The meat of the deck. Two large bodies that care about card draw. Hooked Reaver: Demon that can be brought back with Bloodreaver Gul'dan. While weak at first, it is incredible once turned on with your one mana hero power.
- Genn Greymane: The reason for the deck and why you run even cards. Bloodreaver Gul'dan: An incredible finisher that pressures all decks through its battlecry, damage, and healing.
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.