This deck is a pure combo build that aims to go huge with Inner Fire and Divine Spirit on a high-health minion. You want to draw cards quickly and use Shadow Visions to find your pieces.
Everything in this deck is about using smaller combos with cards like Wild Pyromancer and Northshire Cleric to dig or clear. Lyra the Sunshard with Radiant Elemental also enables you to go off.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest Combo Priest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
Power Word: Shield
Acolyte of Pain
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remains the same.
Strategy and Tips
- Always mulligan for your mini combos like Northshire Cleric with Wild Pyromancer and Circle of Healing.
- Shadow Visions is great for combo pieces, but it can also be used to get certain tech cards like Circle of Healing or Silence.
- Mass Dispel does not have to get value. A lot of the time you can use it to draw a card.
- Be careful about when you play Unpowered Steambot. Once you run it out your opponent will know your strategy and be able to adapt.
- The combo does not matter all that much here. Your main goal is to stay alive and grind your opponent out of cards.
- Doing nothing for a turn or two is ok if it sets up a big Wild Pyromancer clear.
- Leverage Tar Creeper and Acolyte of Pain early on as a way to distract your opponent from your face.
- Unpowered Steambot, while a great combo piece, is one of the best ways to stop or fight back against on-board damage.
- Never be afraid to drop down cards like Radiant Elemental or Lyra the Sunshard in order to distract your opponent and soak up extra damage.
- Do what you can to use your hero power. The extra healing almost always matters in tight games.
- You want to use Shadow Visions to grab multiple Divine Spirits to turn any body, no matter how small, into lethal.
- Hoarding combo pieces is important in this one and you should only pull the trigger when it will win you the game.
- Only run out one minion at a time if possible. Playing into AOE is a great way to find yourself with no body to play your spells on.
- Save both Silence and Mass Dispel for any large or annoying taunts.
Key Card Choices
- Silence/Mass Dispel: Both powerful ways to shut down buffs and push through taunts.
- Northshire Cleric: Your main draw engine, incredibly powerful when used with Circle of Healing and Wild Pyromancer.
- Radiant Elemental: An early body that can also help you get more value from your already cheap spells.
- Shadow Visions: More consistency, helps you find combo pieces.
- Unpowered Steambot: A big body that can either act as lethal against control or a massive wall when fighting aggro.
- Witchwood Piper: Extra consistency and card draw. This deck's Elven Minstrel.
- Lyra the Sunshard: An alternative win condition when you don't have your pieces. With enough cheap spells, can act as a combo piece in her own right.
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.