This deck utilizes a 2/2 dagger upgraded by Baku the Mooneater with a strong curve to put out a ton of early tempo/damage.
You want to use your early minions to cement the board, and then rapidly build into big power cards like Vilespine Slayer and Fungalmancer. Cold Blood and Leeroy Jenkins make for great finishers and give you a lot of reach.
- Type: Midrange / Tempo
- Class: Rogue
- Updated: Witchwood Expansion
Note: This guide is updated regularly. It will continue to expand and iterate as the season goes on.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
Standard Deck List
91Baku the Mooneater
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remains the same.
Strategy and Tips
- Always leverage the damage from your dagger.
- Do not be afraid to use Cold Blood early, especially if you can get it on an Argent Squire.
- Never shy away from holding back Vicious Fledgling, especially on curve.
- Fungalmancer is a great tempo play, but it also serves as burst damage.
- Try to save Vilespine Slayer for big taunts, but know it can be used on smaller minions in order to cement the board or push damage.
- Use your dagger to control the board and clear the way for your minions.
- Always be on the lookout for efficient trades or turns where you can clear your opponent's board.
- Ignoring the board is often incorrect unless you're playing for a massive burst finisher.
- Do not be afraid to lose tempo on a turn for a big combo play the next.
- Be extremely aggressive early.
- Stick Cold Bloods whenever possible and always play to Leeroy Jenkins as a finisher.
- Save your Ironbeak Owls for any large taunts that might come down.
- Lean on your hero power by buffing your weapon as much as possible.
- Playing minions just for the body is almost always correct.
Key Card Choices
- Baku the Mooneater: Need it to make the entire deck work.
- Cold Blood: A great way to both trade up and press for damage.
- Leeroy Jenkins: A key finisher and one of the best ways to beat control.
- Vicious Fledgling: Strong threat that punishes decks without removal. Game over if not answered right away.
- Deadly Poison: Combo activator and turns your dagger into eight damage.
- Fungalmancer: Helps you both push for damage or create a large, sticky board depending on what you need.
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.