- Type: Combo / Midrange
- Class: Rogue
- Updated: Boomsday Project Expansion
Powered by The Caverns Below. This deck aims to overwhelm the opponent with endless waves of cheap minions buffed by the Crystal Core (make your minions 5/5 for the rest of the game).
Note: This guide is updated regularly. It will continue to expand and iterate as the season goes on.
Latest Deck Lists
For the latest deck lists from top players and streamers, visit the decklists section here.
|The Caverns Below
|Vicious Scalehide||Novice Engineer
Note: There may be variations between decklists but the mulligan concept remain the same.
Strategy and Tips
- The payoff card, Crystal Core, (which will make your minions 5/5 for the rest of the game) is your semi-finisher, so aim to complete it as soon as possible
- Cards like Shadowstep, Youthful Brewmaster, Mimic Pod, Vanish and Sonya Shadowdancer all can be utilized to play the same type of cards for quest completion
- Keep track of your quest progress, it is okay to switch to a new minion to complete the quest is necessary
- Once the quest is completed, you will out value and tempo your opponent and proceed to finish them off or take over the board
- A surprise finish is having 5/5 charge minions like Southsea Deckhand and Stonetusk Boar and bouncing them back for more face damage
- Since you have a lot of cheap drops, it's easy to field minions for board control
- Vicious Scalehide will slow down aggro
- Sonya Shadowdance will provide a lot of gas if you can get in good minion trades
- If you complete your quest, your minions will be bigger than theirs and it is usually over by then
- You have minimal heals besides Vicious Scalehide, so holding them till the quest is completed is another viable option
- Focus on getting the quest completed
- Use Vanish defensively to reset the board if necessary
Key Card Choices
- The Caverns Below: The whole deck is built around this card
- Shadowstep and Youthful Brewmaster: Necessary in quest completion
- Sonya Shadowdancer and Zola the Gorgon: Two more ways to generate the same minion for quest completion
- Vanish: Used defensively to reset the board or aggresively to clear your opponent minions and flood your cheap minions out
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.