New expansions usually come with new mechanics and interactions and Journey to Un'Goro is no different! Here you will find a list, explanations, and videos of all the special interactions in action!
This guide will be continuously updated so be sure to bookmark and check back often! Have a question or feedback? Email us!
Legendary Class Spells aka Quests
- There are new legendary class spells called Quests. Example is Awaken the Makers.
- Each class will get one Legendary Quest.
- They show up in players' opening hand and they have the option to mulligan them away.
- Quests can not be generated by random mechanics - Spellslinger.
- Quests can be obtained by cards like Drakonid Operative and Mind Vision.
- Quests takes a Secret spot (maximum 5 secrets in play).
- Only one active quest each time.
- Can complete quests multiple times.
New Elemental Tribe / Tag
Similar to 'Murloc' and 'Dragon', 'Elemental' tribe tag is being added to the game. Old minions such was Water Elemental will also be updated to include the new tribe tag.
Class Quests (Legendary Spells)
Hunter - Jungle Giants
Jungle Giants is the new legendary spell quest for the Druid class. The quest will award Barnabus the Stomper when completed.
Hunter - The Marsh Queen
The Marsh Queen is the new legendary spell quest for the Hunter class. The quest will award Queen Carnassa when completed.
Mage - Open the Waygate
Open the Waygate is the new legendary spell quest for the Mage class. The quest will award Time Warp when completed.
Paladin - The Last Kaleidosaur
The Last Kaleidosaur is the new legendary spell quest for the Paladin class. The quest will award Galvadon when completed.
Priest - Awaken the Makers
Awaken the Makers is the new legendary spell quest for the Priest class. The quest will award Amara, Warden of Hope when completed.
Rogue - The Caverns Below
The Caverns Below is the new legendary spell quest for the Rogue class. The quest will award Crystal Core when completed.
Shaman - Unite the Murlocs
JTU Unite the Murlocs is the new legendary spell quest for the Shaman class. The quest will award Megafin when completed.
Warlock - Lakkari Sacrifice
Lakkaris Sacrifice is the new legendary quest for the Warlock class. The reward is Nether Portal. The portal summons two 3/2 Nether Imps at the end of your turn.
- The portal can not be removed or destroyed.
- The portal takes up a minion space on the board.
Warrior - Fire Plume's Heart
Fire Plume's Heart is the new legendary quest for the Warrior class. The reward is Sulfuras.
Elise the Trailblazer
Elise Starseeker makes a return in Un'Goro in the form of Elise the Trailblazer! Once you play Elise, a 2 mana cost Un'Goro Pack card will be shuffled in your library.
- Playing Un'Goro Pack will add five random cards (from the set Journey to Un'Goro) will be added to your hand.
- Guaranteed one epic rarity card and a chance for legendary card. You can get cards from other classes!
Explore Un'Goro replaces the player's deck with 1 mana cost card that simply has the effect - "Discover a card". Basically a deck full of Raven Idols, but any card.
Kalimos' battlecry effect will allow you to pick one of the following invocations:
Living Mana is a unique Druid card that allows the player to get 2/2 Treants (temporarily) in exchange for their mana crystals.
Pyros is the new legendary creature for the Mage class. When the original Pyros (2 mana cost) dies, the card that it creates (6 mana cost) will have a similar Deathrattle effect (creating a 10 mana cost Pyros), in true phoenix fashion!
Sherazin, Corpse Flower
Sherazin, Corpse Flower is the new legendary creature for the Rogue class. When Sherazin dies, it will spawn Sherazin, Seed on the board. The Seed will turn back to the Corpse Flower once the player play four cards in one turn.
- What happens when you use Unearthed Raptor on Sherazin, Corpse Flower?
Raptor Hatchling and Raptor
Raptor Hatchling is a new Hunter rare minion that shuffles a Raptor minion into your deck when it dies.
Swamp King Dred
Swamp King Dred is the new legendary creature for the Hunter class. It is one of the few cards that interacts during your opponent's turn (similar to Secrets).
- What happens when you play Lord Jaraxxus if your opponent has Swamp King Dred on board?
- Will Swamp King Dred attack Dirty Rat if it was pulled by Dirty Rat's battlecry?
Some spells in the new expansion will create a new minion card in your hand.
And the card it creates is:
New Mechanic - Adapt
The new Adapt keyword will infuse a minion or minions with elemental power, granting it new powers. Like the discover mechanic, players are presented with three options when they play a card with Adapt and choose one.
List of Adapt Options
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.