Discover which cards are currently popular in Hearthstone. This guide will be continuously updated to keep up with the ever changing meta and expansion releases. Cards in the Crafting Table section are sorted by sets (rows), so you can plan which adventure or expansion to purchase and acquire next.
If you have suggestions or feedback on how we can improve this guide or the website, don't hesitate to get in touch with us!
This crafting guide is based on the Standard format, which consists of the following expansions/adventures.
Standard Format Expansions/Adventures
- Classic Set
- Kobolds & Catacombs (2017)
- Knights of the Frozen Throne (2017)
- Journey to Un'Goro Expansion (2017)
- Meanstreets of Gadgetzan (2016)
- One Night in Karazhan (2016)
- Whispers of the Old Gods (2016)
Keep in mind that Gadgetzan, Karazhan and Old Gods will be rotating out in 2018. So if you are a newer player, it may be better to invest in the cards you need from the Classic Set and the sets from 2017–Journey to Un'Goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne and Kobolds & Catacombs–first!
Here are some pointers when deciding on what to craft:
- if you are a newer player, prioritize cards from the Classic Set, Journey to Un'Goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne and Kobolds & Catacombs expansion first
- decide on a deck that you would like to play (make sure that deck is Legend viable and a top tier deck - this will help you with your daily quests and monthly rewards)
- look at your collection and see what cards you own and what you need to build it
- you may wish to pick a deck that contain the least amount of cards that is rotating out in 2018, so your dust and money goes further
Picking a Competitive Deck
Visit our Meta Deck Rankings page to see all the top decks. Once you select and click on a meta deck, you will see some information about the deck, as well as a link to a sample decklist, mulligans and deck guides. All the sample decklists have been updated to their latest versions on the ranked ladder.
Card By Card
If you wish to craft cards regardless of the deck you want to play, here's a quick guide for Legendary cards:
- Leeroy Jenkins–staple in many aggro decks such as Pirate Warrior.
- The Black Knight–a great tech card in a meta filled with taunt minions
- Ysera–a top pick in most control oriented decks such as Big Priest.
- Archmage Antonidas–mandatory piece in Exodia Freeze Mage.
- Edwin VanCleef–any form of Rogue lists usually run this card, it is just that good.
- Tirion Fordring–great 8-drop in midrange and control Paladin decks.
Kobolds & Catacombs
- Rin, the First Disciple–an optional card in Control Warlock.
- Skull of the Man'ari–a powerful legendary weapon in Control Warlock.
- Dragoncaller Alanna–is a key finisher in Control Mage.
Knights of the Frozen Throne
- The Lich King–a great card in the 8 slot that fits in most control and late game decks.
- Malfurion the Pestilent–fits in every single kind of Druid deck.
- Shadowreaper Anduin–great card that can clear boards and a win condition in itself.
- Bloodreaver Gul'dan–overwhelms and out grind opponents with this powerful card. Found in decks like Control Warlock and Handlock.
Journey to Un'Goro
- Sunkeeper Tarim–auto include in any midrange and control Paladin decks.
- Lyra the Sunshard–useful in Priest decks that run a lot of spells.
- Sherazin, Corpse Flower–found commonly in Miracle Rogues, a deck that run many spells to take advantage of Sherazin's revival mechanic.
- Open the Waygate–mandatory piece in Exodia Freeze Mage.
Meanstreets of Gadgetzan
- Patches the Pirate–found in a lot of aggro and midrange decks.
- Aya Blackpaw–one of the key pieces in the Jade packages, in decks such as Jade Druid.
- Finja, the Flying Star–currently found in the powerful deck type, Murloc Paladin.
- Kazakus and Raza the Chained–these cards go hand-in-hand in Highlander Priest.
One Night in Karazhan
- Medivh, the Guardian–great late game card. Currently found in some Jade Druid variations.
- Barnes–useful in decks with big minions, such as Big Priest.
Whispers of the Old Gods
- Fandral Staghelm–another great piece in midrange Druid decks.
Hope the guide above has helped you in deciding what card to craft next! You can find more Hearthstone information on this website:
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.