Discover which cards are currently popular in Hearthstone. This guide will be continuously updated to keep up with the ever changing meta and expansion releases!
If you have suggestions or feedback on how we can improve this guide or the website, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
This crafting guide is based on the Standard format, which consists of the following expansions:
Standard Format Expansions/Adventures
- Classic Set
- The Boomsday Project (2018)
- The Witchwood (2018)
- Kobolds & Catacombs (2017)
- Knights of the Frozen Throne (2017)
- Journey to Un'Goro Expansion (2017)
Keep in mind that Gadgetzan, Karazhan and Old Gods has rotated out in 2018. So if you are a newer player, it may be better to invest in the cards you need from the Classic Set and the sets from 2017 and 2018!
Read more about 2018 Year of the Raven guide here!
Note: Hold on Crafting until the next expansion – The Boomsday Project is released! It is scheduled to be released on August 7, 2018!
Here are some pointers when deciding on what to craft:
- if you are a newer player, prioritize cards from the Classic Set, The Boomsday Project (August 2018), The Witchwood, Journey to Un'Goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne and Kobolds & Catacombs expansion first
- decide on a deck that you would like to play (make sure that deck is Legend viable and a top tier deck - this will help you with your daily quests and monthly rewards)
- look at your collection and see what cards you own and what you need to build it
- you may wish to pick a deck that contain the least amount of cards that is rotating out in 2018, so your dust and money goes further
Picking a Competitive Deck
Visit our Meta Deck Rankings page to see all the top decks. Once you select and click on a meta deck, you will see some information about the deck, as well as a link to a sample decklist, mulligans and deck guides. All the sample decklists have been updated to their latest versions on the ranked ladder.
Card By Card
If you wish to craft cards regardless of the deck you want to play, here's a quick guide for Legendary cards:
- Leeroy Jenkins–staple in many aggro decks such as Odd Rogue and Spiteful Druid
- Baron Geddon–currently found in the Control Mage.
- Baku the Mooneater and Genn Greymane–these are necessary cards if you plan on building decks like Odd Rogue Odd Paladin and Even Paladin.
Kobolds & Catacombs
- Rin, the First Disciple–an optional card in Control Warlock and Cube Warlock.
- Skull of the Man'ari–a powerful legendary weapon in Control Warlock and Cube Warlock.
- Aluneth–found in Tempo Mage. But be wary of a heavy weapons meta since that means a lot of Acidic Swamp Ooze running around.
- Dragoncaller Alanna–is a key finisher in Control Mage.
Knights of the Frozen Throne
- The Lich King–a great card in the 8 slot that fits in most control and late game decks.
- Malfurion the Pestilent–fits in most kind of Druid deck like Spiteful Druid.
- Shadowreaper Anduin–great card that can clear boards and a win condition in itself. Found in Mind Blast Priest.
- Bloodreaver Gul'dan–overwhelms and out grind opponents with this powerful card. Found in decks like Control Warlock and Cube Warlock.
- Frost Lich Jaina–key card in the Control Mage.
- Prince Keleseth–found in pretty much all decks that run Spiteful Summoner. Like Spiteful Druid and Spiteful Priest.
Journey to Un'Goro
Hope the guide above has helped you in deciding what card to craft next! You can find more Hearthstone information on this website:
Save up to 50% off your packs!
Learn how to save money and get more packs when buying Hearthstone packs with Amazon Coins.